compiling problems

tlwarre at aol.com tlwarre at aol.com
Thu Mar 16 14:14:14 UTC 2006

    I have just obtained a Dell Precision 670n workstation with a 3.6 GHz Intel Xeon Processor running Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS v4 for EM64T 64bit system.  I am also using The Portland Group 64bit Linux complete compilers 6.1.  When I run a Make file I am getting this error:

make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/tlwarre/Access/ACCESS/itools/config/util'
okay, continuing in config/imake
../../config/util/makedepend  -- -I../../include  -I../..  -DBuild64 -Dlinux -DA
DDC_   -DFUNCPROTO=15 -DNARROWPROTO    -DCPP_PROGRAM="\"/lib/cpp\""  -- imake.c
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:314,
                 from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
                 from imake.c:145:
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:31: #error "You need a ISO C conforming compiler to use
 the glibc headers"

With previous versions of Red Hat Linux on 32 bit machines with the pgroup compilers I did not have this problem.  Additionally, I have also tried the GNU compilers gcc, g++, g77 and g95 and also got the same error.  Is there something different in the way you access the header files with the newer versions of Linux and is there a way I can fix this problem I can do to fix this problem?

 TW