supported kernel versions

Sudhakar Manukonda mnsrsudhakar at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 17 10:33:45 UTC 2006

  Hi,

  We are using (Redhat 32bit ) and (Suse 64bit) machines .

  The g++ compiler version we use is "gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.2 2.96-124.7.2)"

  The gcc compiler for suse is "gcc version 3.3.3 (SUSE Linux)"

  We're using these compilers and we're not sure what versions of RedHat and SuSE they translate to.

  How or Where I can find the linux kernel that these gcc versions support can what versions of RedHat and SuSE does that kernel version translate into?

  Please clarify and advise
  Rgds
  Sudhakar