Problem joing RHEL4 to Windows Server 2003 Active Directory using winbind

Nabeel Moidu nabeelmoidu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 15:20:39 UTC 2006

On 3/17/06, kevin huang <khuang888 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Thanks for your reply
>
> Do i need to restart winbindd-Daemon after I run net ads join? At the
> moment, Smbdd-Daemon and winbindd-Daemon are automaically run at startup.
> Also, why 15 minutes?
>
> I m still confused why wbinfo -t worked but wbinfo -u dont? Clearly, RPC
> calls is not the problem here because it succeeded.

An addition
change this line in smb.conf
   winbind use default domain = yes
    winbind use default domain = no

Also make sure the name you use for your samba machine in /etc/hosts is
recongnizable by your Windows AD

Thanks for your help!

--
Thanks and Regards
Nabeel Moidu

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't
believe in it at all.  Noam Chomsky