Question with regards to NFS mount

charles Funderburk ctfunderburk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 16:17:19 UTC 2006

Not sure if the orginal email was posted.

I've got some odd behavior going on with NFS.

I've got a server running rhel4 that is mounting a share on our EMC NAS.

This is 220GB nfs share. Here's my /etc/fstab entry that I'm using to

mount the NAS share from the rhel server.

hounas:/FS04 /nas nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,hard,intr,tcp

The share seems to mount fine. I check by issuing the following -

[cfunderburk at houwse ~]$ df -h (I've edited the other mount points)

hounas:/FS04 217G 40G 178G 19% /nas

The systems seems to see the correct size, but when looking at the

properties of the /nas folder through the gnome file manager the file

manager reports 50GB total space with 39GB used and 11GB free.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or explanations.

Regards,

Charles Funderburk