Samba apparently does not recognize Linux secondary groups.

Gavin McDonald gavitron at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 18:31:08 UTC 2006

Check the number of groups the windows user belongs to.  I have seen
samba misbehave when a Windows user belongs to 30 or so Groups.  SMB
silently ignores all group memberships from the windows side, and you are
left with only the permissions of the windows-to-linux user mapping.

Regards,

Gavin McDonald
EVI Logistic Enterprises
email: me at gavitron.com