stopping graphic console on boot

Matthijs.Sneijders at corusgroup.com Matthijs.Sneijders at corusgroup.com
Fri Mar 24 06:56:13 UTC 2006

Keith,

i am just guessing here, but you probably do not want all the RC scripts
happening in graphical mode.
You just want the "old fashion" text mode RC lines with all the [OK]
signals.

if that is wat you want happening,  just remove the "rhgb quiet" from the
appropriate line in grub.conf.
(rhgb is something like redhat graphical boot)

Matthijs

 Matthijs Sneijders

     CORUS
     Research,
     Development
     &
     Technology

     Building
     3G16 room
     3-312

     P.O. Box
     10.000

     1970 CA
     IJMUIDEN

     phone       +31 (0)251-496400

     fax         +31 (0)251-470064

     mail        matthijs.sneijders at corusgroup.com

|         |           "Keith A. Clay"    |
|         |           <clayk at acu.edu>    |
|         |           Sent by:           |
|         |           redhat-list-bounces|
|         |           @redhat.com        |
|         |           23-03-2006 18:13   |
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           General Red Hat    |
|         |           Linux discussion   |
|         |           list               |
  |       To:       General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list at redhat.com>                                               |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  stopping graphic console on boot                                                                             |

How do stop AS 4 from using graphical consoles when booting.  It
interferes with another driver I load for my xwin.

keith

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.