How to choose services to run at startup

Ong Ying Ying yingy at pc.jaring.my
Sat Mar 25 04:47:43 UTC 2006

nilesh vaghela wrote:
> you can put startup commands in
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local
> something like
> service squid restart
>
> so when ever you boot the linux it will run the command script what evet is
> there in rc.local

Not everything in rc9.d is used/run, right? Where is the
script file for services to run at startup (something like
rc.local) but not additional ones like in rc.local?

rc.sysinit is little difficult for me to really understand
cause i'm not a bash expert.

How do you know what command you can put in rc.local?