Openning the port

alok pandeyalok11 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 16:15:34 UTC 2006

Hi Nabeel Moidu
     Thankyou very much.

I can change port of squid proxy http_port  9877

but I have an Internet connection through leased line on port 9877 now i
want to distribute it in my campus for this i purchase a sun firewire x2100
server.

I installed linux on it now i want that all other user may get access. For
this i configured proxy but i don't know how to configure proxy when i am
getting traffic through port 9877. It works with windows after installing
RPA (Remote Page Accelerator) and IPA (Internet Page Accelerator).
Is there any linux compatible software or squid needs more configuration

Warm Regards
Alok Kumar Pandey
Lucknow, UP