Fedora Installation Does not see Hard Disk drives

Russell Harrison rtlm10 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 12:05:23 UTC 2006

Try booting fedora in rescue mode.  At the first screen when you boot the cd
type "rescue" and hit enter.  This will boot a text based single user mode
for you to look around.  You should be able to see your drives there, and
you can get more information to give the list to help you out.

It sounds like your setting up this system for a production use.  Fedora is
an experimental distro and I wouldn't recommend it for something you can't
take fairly frequent downtime on.  FC5 has had what 80 - 90+ updates in the
last month?  Doesn't bother me on my personal stuff, since its to be
expected when you run bleeding edge (or close to it) stuff.  I'd be a little
uncomfortable explaining that to my CEO when he can't get to his mail.

Instead I would recommend either biting the bullet and purchasing a RH
Enterprise licence or installing CentOS which is built from the same source
code as RHEL.  They'll be stable versions of the code for each package, and
are used in enterprise environments.

If you do decide to continue down the fedora path you'll want to take your
questions to the fedora users list: fedora-list at redhat.com.  They'll be
better able to help you there.  This list is more focused towards Red Hat's
commercial releases.

Good luck!