named not query internet

Robert Canary phantom at ohiocounty.net
Thu May 18 17:04:18 UTC 2006

I have a named (bind 9.2.1).  It has been working, but we recently
changed over to our own IP class C block.

Currently there is a master which gets the records from an ldap server
and sends them to the other two DNSs.  Those DNSs are used from the
internet and also as the local DNSs.

Problem, both the master and slave2 work fine.  I can do a:
dig @<master or slave2> www.wundeground.com ANY
and I get the records.  However, if I do a
dig @<slave1> www.wonderground.com ANY it responds
server not responding.

I run this test from any PC on the network and it is the same.  I can
query for a host within our domain:
dig @12.199.236.6 www.ocdirect.net ANY and it reports the record, but
anything outside our domain it will not report.

Any clues??

thanks in advance
--
robert