Installing perl-suid

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Thu May 18 22:10:53 UTC 2006

Roger wrote:
> Can anyone please help me out. I am trying to install qmail, i have
> installed everything but when i run the qmail-scanner, its gives me an
> error. Now as i understand it, i am supposed to have perl-suid running
> in order for the qmail-send to run properly. I have perl version 5.8.8**
> or something like that. How then do i get to install perl-suid.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

The OS type/information would be markedly handy here as would qualifying
what perl version you _actually_ have

[root at wibble steve]# rpm -q perl
perl-5.8.5-24.RHEL4

if you are running perl that is bundled with redhat (assuming you are
running RHEL[34] you only need to type "up2date perl-suidperl", if not
then good luck.

--
Steve.