Fedora Installation Does not see Hard Disk drives

KOSTAS SFAKIOTAKIS kostassf at rocketmail.com
Wed May 3 10:09:46 UTC 2006

--- Russell Harrison <rtlm10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was going to see if the shot in the dark worked
> for him and then take him  down the lspci,
>dmidecode, etc. path.  At least that  would tell us
>what he's  dealing with.

Ok. then , let's wait and see what the OP has to say,
i was just saying what i have experienced so far .

> The point on RHEL was an aside really.  Although, I
> wouldn't be surprised if  RHEL did work on some
>server hardware where Fedora  did not.  Red Hat
> should  be getting support for that hardware in
> upstream, but there may be some lag
> time there.

Oh well , nothing can be done instantly . Well
possibly even in the occassion we are currently
dealing with the problem will come down to which
modules were compiled along with the kernel . In which
occassion the problem goes down to the kernel which
makes the specific Linux distro kind of irrelevant .
In any case let's wait and see as you suggested .

Kostas