Two NICs

Billy Davis bdavis at cds-corp.com
Thu May 4 17:19:54 UTC 2006

We have 2 NICs in a single RH box.  The IP for eth1 is 192.168.1.10
and the IP for eth0 is 10.10.10.10.  Each NIC is connected to a
different switch.  Each switch has a single Windows PC connected to it
(PC1=192.168.1.100 and PC0=10.10.10.100).

I can successfully ping PC1 from the RH box by entering:
	ping 10.10.10.100

I can successfully ping the RH box eth0 from PC1 by entering:
	ping 10.10.10.10

I can successfully ping the RH box eth1 from PC0 by entering:
	ping 192.168.1.10

When I try to ping PC0 from the RH box using the following command, it
fails:
	ping -I eth1 192.168.1.100

I can successfully logon to the RH box from both PC0 and PC1, using
putty, and everything else seems to work fine.

Does anyone have an idea why the eth1 ping to PC0 won't work????

Thanks in advance
BDavis