ssh-scan

Greg Wiggill gregw at pronto.com.au
Tue May 9 01:27:26 UTC 2006

Thanks for the replies.  Chkrootkit works really well and is easy to use
but didn't find anything.

I did find however scan.tgz, relaycheck.pl, a sendmail directory in /tmp
with references to ebay, 60,000 entries in mailq and more.

There were 60 odd processes called 'brute' which had a parameter of
'100'  !

Cleaned it all up (which seems to have stemmed the $200/hr internet/data
bill) and will probably rebuild later in the week.

Thanks
Greg