Old Version of kermit Source Code (cu188)

Johnie Stafford jms at pobox.com
Wed May 10 10:55:45 UTC 2006

If you can't find the 188 version, I've got source to the 190 version
from 4/1995. Its newer than what you're looking for, but it might
work. I've also got the 192 version from 12/1996.

Johnie

 ss> Wayne Bastow wrote:
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> Running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 2).
 >>
 >> We have a barcode reader that will only work with an older version of
 >> kermit than that which is supplied with AS4. The vendor isn't upgrading
 >> their barcode software for a few more months. We are moving our
 >> inventory application, which requires files to be loaded from the
 >> barcode reader, from TRU-64 to Redhat. The version of kermit needed
 >> which works is cu188 [Kermit 5A(188)] but I only have the binary for
 >> TRU-64. I've found some links through Google to the source but the links
 >> no longer exist.
 >>
 >> Has anyone out there a copy of the source that I can get, please?
 ss> you can probably find src RPMS for older versions of kermit on
 ss> ftp.redhat.com
 ss> lftp ftp.redhat.com:/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/3/en/os/i386/SRPMS>
 ss> ls ck*
 ss> -rw-r--r--    6 ftp      ftp       2915735 Oct 21  2003
 ss> ckermit-8.0.209-2.src.rpm

 ss> or on ftp.download.fedora.redhat.com
 ss> there is at least a version for fedora core 1 on there

 ss> or possibly ckermit from
 ss> http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ck80.html