SSH

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed May 10 16:29:24 UTC 2006

El Miércoles 10 Mayo 2006 18:24, cemaaiem at 30gigs.com escribió:
> HI.
> Im trying to connect by SSH to one server in another country.
> is there any special procedure i must follow up ? or its just type ssh
> user at server? I have CEntOS 4 and SSHd its already running.

By default the ssh server port is 22, so if the server port have not been
changed previusly ssh user at server it's ok but if the server port where sshd
is listen to, have been changed, you should use: ssh user at server -p
$PORT_NUMBER

Try to use:
ssh user at server -v -v -v in order to debug the proccess maybe you find out
something wrong.

Cheers.

Manuel