Heartbeat configuration

Padiyath Sreekumaran kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
Fri May 12 10:10:58 UTC 2006

  Hi,
  I have heard that in the latest heartbeat SW(V2.0.4) it is also
possible
  to check the services (apache daemon for example)running on the
  server.Ex:If the Apache daemon is not running then Heartbeat can start
the
  daemon (if there is HW or SW problems exists).Has anyone configured
  heartbeat for testing the services and how? One of our user wants to
  configure heartbeat for failover as well as for testing the daemon
  status.If  possible an example config file is appreciated.Sorry if
   I ask this question here.

   Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Kumar
Padiyath Sreekumar       |   Tel: +41.56.310.3643
Paul Scherrer Institut   |   email: kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
AIT                      |   Office: WHGA/U132
WHGA/U132                |   Fax: +41.56.310.3649
CH-5232 Villigen PSI     |
Switzerland              |