raid resync

Anze Vidmar anzevi at gmail.com
Thu May 18 12:32:02 UTC 2006

hi,

I have FC5 installed on my PC box at home. I have two IDE disks in
(software) Raid1 - md0.

Today, just when I started (as usual) my favorite and only game (ET), my
computer stooped responding and all I was able to see was that hdd light
was blinking like crazy. I couldn't switch to console nor do anything
else, I had to hard-reset it.

After the reset i went into single mode and saw that my md0 started to
resynce by itself.

My question is, why? Why would md0 needs to resync itself, as I can see
that both partitions on both disks are used and ok?

Thanks
--
Anze Vidmar <anzevi at gmail.com>