Problem with getting automatically logged off during startup script

Pat patchu1 at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 02:45:45 UTC 2006

To followup, I tried replacing the end part of the
script with the following:

reply=none
until [ "$reply" = "REBOOT" -o "$reply" = "reboot" ]
do
	read -t 60 reply
done
reboot
exit 0
EOF

I thought since the script was going through an
continuous loop, this would not be considered being
idle so there would be no timeout. I'm no longer
waiting forever on the read command like in the
original. However, I still get the login screen after
1-2 hours.

BTW as you know you don't actually login to run the
rc.local script so my subject title could be titled
better. It could be the rc.local script is just given
a certain amount of time to run, after which it
continues with the boot process to the login prompt.
I'm not sure what the cause is...