RH-AS-4 U-3:: RAID Driver Disk for Adaptec

vipin sagar sagar.vipin at gmail.com
Wed May 31 06:51:24 UTC 2006

Dear All,

I am using dual xeon machine loaded with RedHat-AS-4 (2.6.9-5) and
maid RAID-0 with adaptech scci HDD and I am happY with that.

Now I need to upgrade the OS to update 3 (2.6.9.34) and manually
update the latest security patched kernel-2.6.9.34.0.1.

Issue: 0

The scci RAID driver disk for adaptec (A3200) which I used for 2.6.9-5
is not supported for the Update-3. I could find the driver form the
distro but its not doing the right thing.

So I visited the adaptech site and found and download the driver the
driver a320raid.rhel4qu3.i686.[RPM and img]

Q0. How can I pass the .img file to FLOPPY from both linux and windows ?

Q1. How can I pass the .img file to CD-ROM from both linux and windows?

Q2. What would be the use of that RMP package which came along with
that driver bundle ?

In Advance Thanks for any input or suggessions.

Thank you,

--
~O_0~
~sagar