SATA Driver Image Partition

Marcelino Mata mmata at multimatic.com
Wed May 31 19:10:37 UTC 2006

Try Mondorescue...

http://www.mondorescue.org/

Make sure to run image with compare mode or better yet perform test
restore....  Mondo works pretty good but I had to play with mondoarchive
options for certain hardware/OS combinations.  Mondo runs live from
running distro, RHEL4.

Are you trying to create backup image or clone a drive?   It's always
best to use latest/greatest distro for  "newer" hardware like SATA.
SATA controller support will vary greatly between distro and distro
versions.    The problem you are encountering is the SATA contoller on
the ML150 is not supported on Koppix 3.9 and Ubuntu 5.10.  Verify if
controller is supported on newer versions....or switch to LiveCD distro
which support that SATA controller.   Try Ubuntu 6.06 or Knopppix 4.x...

BTW, I have cloned RHEL 3 drive running live with "rsync -ax"   see here
for details with knopppix session...
http://ithacafreesoftware.org/Members/mitch/notebook/clone_partition/vie

Marcelino