Where does /proc/fs/cifs/... come from?

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 14 20:04:59 UTC 2006

I have two RHEL AS 4 Update 4 systems.  Both systems are at the same
exact kernel version, and both systems have the following RPMs
installed:

samba-3.0.10-1.4E.9
samba-common-3.0.10-1.4E.9
samba-client-3.0.10-1.4E.9

Both systems have identical smb.conf files, and both systems are
mounting the same two SMB shares from an EMC Celerra array.

On one system, though, I have /proc/fs/cifs, and a number of psudo-
files within.  The other system does not have the /proc/fs/cifs
directory.

Can someone explain why this might be, or point me in the right
direction?

Thanks,
	-s-