Toshiba Portege 4010 + Linux compatibility list

John H. Nyhuis cabal at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 28 18:58:35 UTC 2006

 	Greetings,

 	I want to install linux on my Toshiba Portege 4010, but am
concerned about driver support, in particular as Toshiba has only released
microsoft drivers.  I've been checking the HCLs for a variety of distros,
including the fedoraproject.org wiki, but it appears that no one has tried
to do this on my model, as there are no positive or negative results
posted.
 	Has anyone on the list tried linux with a Portege 4010 and would
be willing to share their experiance?  Am I on a hopeless quest? ^_^

 	Thanks,

John H. Nyhuis
IT Manager
Dept. of Pediatrics