More info - Hard disk not found since changes

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Tue Oct 10 10:35:27 UTC 2006

I have just done some more testing and decided to change the raid settings
back to what they where so both disks are now Raid 0 again but i still have
the same issue. Below is exactly what i am doing.

   Launch rescue mode
   Choose English and UK
   Next screen says - No hard disks found, you need to add a device driver
   for a successful installation, do you want to pick a driver.
   Choose Yes
   Next screen says - Devices found - Broadcom Tigon3 ethernet
   Choice of Done or Add tab
   Choose Add
   List of drivers comes up - Stuck here as i am not sure which one to
   choose.

   The thing i a confused about is that it does not ask me to add the
   drivers for the two hard disks it seems to only mention Ethernet cards.

   Has anyone come across this problem before, if so how did you resolve
   it? Does anyone know the command to run to find out what drivers are
   being used by what hardware, the reason being is we have identical
   machines so i could check one of the machines that is currently up for
   there drivers settings.

   I am at a loss now so any advice on this would be great.

   Regards

   Andrew Bridgeman

   ----- Forwarded by Andrew Bridgeman/UK/Corus on 10/10/2006 11:19 -----
   |+---------------------------+----------------------------------------|
   ||   Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgr|                                        |
   ||   oup.com                 |                                        |
   ||   Sent by:                |   To:        redhat-list at redhat.com    |
   ||   redhat-list-bounces at redh|           cc:                          |
   ||   at.com                  |           Subject:        Hard disk not|
   ||                           |   found since changes                  |
   ||   10/10/2006 10:42        |                                        |
   ||   Please respond to       |                                        |
   ||   General Red Hat Linux   |                                        |
   ||   discussion list         |                                        |
   ||                           |                                        |
   |+---------------------------+----------------------------------------|

   I have recently changed the Raid settings on my Redhat machine so that
   it
   uses Raid 1+0 instead of just raid 0.  When i go to a command prompt and
   run a df -h i cannot see the hard disk devices which normally appear as
   /dev/cciss/c0d0 etc  etc. I am running in rescue mode to try and solve
   this
   issue.

   Does anyone know how a can get the disks to be seen?
   What can i check for?

   P.s I have another machine that is up currently using raid 1+0, how can
   check that machine to make sure i have put the raid settings in
   correctly
   on the one that does not work?

   Any help would be much appreciated.

   Regards

   Andrew Bridgeman
   This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
   anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
   any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
   misuse of the transmission by anyone.