Trouble when cleaning the "/tmp" directory

Hi

I have recently installed Redhat Fedora 5 system
and i have created two ordinary users

yesterday i deleted all the files and directories in the "/tmp" directory

when i reboot my system, the ordinary users were not able to login to GNOME
but from the root user i can go into GNOME

Please tell me what could me the problem

--
Thanks and Regards