Re: Trouble when cleaning the "/tmp" directory

On 03Oct2006 10:43, Marq <vikramns gmail com> wrote:
| I have recently installed Redhat Fedora 5 system
| and i have created two ordinary users
|
| yesterday i deleted all the files and directories in the "/tmp" directory
|
| when i reboot my system, the ordinary users were not able to login to GNOME
| but from the root user i can go into GNOME

PLease tell us exactly what commands you issued to remove these files
from /tmp.

Also, please report the output of:

        ls -la /tmp/.

I would guess ordinary users can no longer make files in /tmp.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

55 mph is fast enough to get you killed, but slow enough to make you think
you're safe.    - The Gumball Rally