pcsc-lite and ccid

pcsc-lite and ccid are two packages that are available in fedora core 5 (extras) that I'd like to know if anyone has found (in source or otherwise) and been able to get them to work in RHEL ES4. I need them to be able to use usb activecard gold readers. I have been unable to obtain most of the fedora rpms. I have downloaded the source, but I've been unable to to get them to compile and install.

Does anyone have any experience with pcsc-lite and ccid?

Thanks!

Bill Tangren