Re: problems with putty

Perhaps set to SSH v2 only?

Gavin Durman  ---  Xavier University  Systems Administrator
durman xavier edu   513.745.1905    http://staff.xu.edu/~durman

Nobody has time to do it right, but everybody has time to do it again.
Yet when you do it right, they won't even know you've done anything at all.

Patrick Rice wrote:
Hi all
This might be something obvious, but I'm trying to use windows putty to connect to RHEL 4 system (kernel 2.6.9-34), I can ping the system, but the problem I am having is on trying to log in as root, or a user I keep getting Access denied, I have modified the sshd_config to allow remote logins, is there any other setting I should change to allow this ?

Thanks in advance
Pat Rice