Re: Need Serial Help

Hi Michael,

for a quick-test, that the interface works, you can use "minicom".
Start this programm ... it's quite simple to use.

BTW: tty4 sounds for me a little "unusual"... perhaps ttyS4 is what
you need?

If all fails, take a look at http://www.vanemery.com/Linux/Serial/serial-console.html

cu,
 Joe

Michael Schwartz wrote:
Hi -
I have an application that runs under Redhat 7.2 that expects to see a
serial port at /dev/tty4 with characteristics 9600,N,1,1.  Through my own
ignorance or perhaps through failure of the PCI serial card (Dolphin 2-port
PCI card) the application doesn't appear to notice the serial port.  I know
very little about linux and how to turn this back on or test to see of the
port has failed.  Does anyone have a way (or can VNC to my computer) to see
what's going on?  Many thanks in advance.
Michael
Tenagra Observatories

--

      Dipl.-Ing. Jörg Ventker, RHCE         joe illegal-access de
      Schlösserweg 26  D-48282 Emsdetten    (+49)(0)170-44 900 14