Re: problems with putty

Is root allowed to login via ssh?
Have you tried creating another user and connect with that username?
Can you ssh to the server from another linux box?
regards
-art

>>> patrick j rice gmail com 10/11/06 5:42 AM >>>
Hi all
This might be something obvious, but I'm trying to use windows putty to
connect to RHEL 4 system (kernel 2.6.9-34), I can ping the system, but
the problem I am having is on trying to log in as root, or a user I keep

getting Access denied, I have modified the sshd_config to allow remote
logins, is there any other setting I should change to allow this ?

Thanks in advance
Pat Rice