FD_SETSIZE

Hi all,

I need to increase the default number of file descripts that select() can service. Does this require a kernel recompile?

I'm thinking about changing my kernel to the hugemem kernel as I'm running on 64-bit hardware and need one of my processes to grow very large ( > 4G ). If I switch to the hugemem kernel, is the FD_SETSIZE defaulted to 1024 like 32-bit hardware?

Thanks.

-Brian

Brian E Campbell
becampbel hotmail com