Restore command Issue

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Fri Oct 13 07:51:51 UTC 2006

I have been running a dump script for a while which should do a full dump
of one of our servers . The problem is that when i run the restore which
seems to work and the machine becomes unresponsive, so i power cycled the
machine, the machine came up and only some of the files have been updated.
For example when i run a crontab -l on the machine it has not updated and
there are lots of files in etc that have not updated.

In the scripts i am running:

cd /
dump 0uf dump.11-10-06 /

When extracting i am running

cd /
restore -rf dump.11-10-06

Could someone tell me why some of the files might not be extracting? Is
there some switch i do not know about which forces the current files to
overwritten? How can i check that the dump done is clean and not corrupt in
anyway.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.