RE: OT: Apache Webpage authentication via MS AD

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Ian Mortimer
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:19 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Apache Webpage authentication via MS AD

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 11:51 -0500, McDougall, Marshall (FSH) wrote:

> I want to secure a webpage running on an Apache 1.3.  I want to use MS
> active directory for authentication.  The AD is managed by an
outsourcer
> so I cannot change anything on that side.  I have looked at several
> Google results, but I have not seen one that jumps up and says that's
> the one.
>
> If anybody is currently doing this, I would be very interested in
> hearing how it was accomplished.

We're using kerberos and mod_auth_pam.   (AD uses kerberos for
authentication).

--
Ian

--
Thanks for the reply Ian.  According to the pam.sourceforge site
"mod_auth_pam is not supported and/or developed any longer".  I was

Regards, Marshall