rescue on usb flash

babulnat at pacenet-india.com babulnat at pacenet-india.com
Mon Oct 16 15:26:51 UTC 2006

Hello
          I have copied all the files in isolinux folder on to my usb flash
drive.I have changed the name of the file isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg.I have
also run the syslinux /dev/sdb ( since my flash drive is read as /dev/sdb).
This creates a rescue on the thumb drive and works fine. However it requires
the 1st CD after the 'linux rescue' reply. I tried to copy the entire 1st CD to
thumb drive and tried to boot without the 1st CD in the CD drive. This however
does not work. It is useless to have the first stage of the boot only on the
usb.The entire boot should be possible without the 1st CD.
Where am I commiting a mistake?

          Thanks for the replies in advance.

babulnat