Working outside window

Ong Ying Ying yingy at pc.jaring.my
Tue Oct 17 17:14:18 UTC 2006

Hi all. Firstly, for all the questions below, I DON'T WANT to enter window.

What command can I use to dial-out to ISP without going into window?
What are the files that I need to setup? Also, what are needed/setup and
how to retrieve my emails using uucp cause it is not a pop3 account?
Sendmail can wait first cause I can send emails using window's email
software.

I am using Redhat 9. How do I check what services are started when
system starts? Not every script in a runlevel is started right? I cannot
find linuxconf!

When are the files in sysconfig used? What is the meaning of m in
config-2.4.20-8? Example CONFIG_MICROCODE=m

Thank you.