sniffer in redhat 9

Gould, Aaron aaron.gould at ngc.com
Wed Oct 25 11:59:40 UTC 2006

i was doing it as "aaron", after su'ing to root, tcpdump works "tcpdump: listening on eth0".  i added /usr/sbin/ to my "aaron" path, and now when i run tcpdump it says "tcpdump: no suitable device found"  any ideas?

also, is there a nicer graphical sniffer built-into redhat?  if not perhaps someone can suggest the best and newest one to download with the most possible decodes for protocols such as h.323 and sip for VoIP

thanks
Aaron