Areas that can be cleared out on Redhat Machine

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Wed Oct 25 12:21:48 UTC 2006

>From /, you can also run:

du -shx *

This will take a while, but it will tell you the total size of each
root subfolder.  Once you figure that, e.g., /usr is taking up most of
your space, you can cd into /usr and run it again.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University