Re: Areas that can be cleared out on Redhat Machine

I have a Redhat machine which is getting to full capacity on the / root
partition. I have removed things in /var/log but it did not really clear
allot of space. Could someone tell me what other areas i can look at
clearing out?

Depending on your up2date configuration, you may have a fair amount of data in /var/spool/up2date and /var/spool/repackage .. I would clear out the /var/spool/repackage if you have not had any problems with recent upgrades, and clear out the .rpm files in /var/spool/up2date.

Barry