Re: sniffer in redhat 9

There is one really good command in Linux/UNIX called man :-)

man tcpdump

Under Linux:
             You  must  be  root or tcpdump must be installed setuid to root
             (unless your distribution has a kernel that supports capability
             bits  such  as  CAP_NET_RAW  and code to allow those capability
             bits to be given to particular accounts and to cause those bits
             to  be  set  on a user\u2019s initial processes when
they log in, in
             which case you  must have CAP_NET_RAW in order to  capture  and
             CAP_NET_ADMIN  to  enumerate network devices with, for example,
             the -D flag).