OPTIONAL modules for Quagga

Ross Cameron ross.cameron at linuxpro.co.za
Fri Oct 27 16:03:41 UTC 2006

Hi there list,...

I would like to create a few OPTIONAL modules for Quagga to extend it and
make it more Cisco techie friendly.

Idea goes as follows,...

(1)               I'd like to put together another module for Quagga that
can admin IPtables (possibly later on include support for the *BSD packet
filters aswell) in a manner that more or less emulates the Cisco PIX
environment.

(2)              I'd like to impliment modules for supporting IPsec and
OpenVPN that also more or less emulate thier Cisco equivalents.

(3)              Add support for rp-ppoe/isdn/dialup

Then Quagga would be able to be used as a drop in replacement for Cisco IOS
routers and PIX firewalls.
With a consistent interface across all.

Good idea??? or Bad idea???
Anyone interesting in exploring this???