Lockup and now screwy keyboard

Robert Canary phantom at ohiocounty.net
Sat Oct 28 02:29:03 UTC 2006

I have an system with an older Redhat 7.2 inhouse system.

The system locked up, I was forced to cycle power to get it out of its
locked-up state.  The mcahine booted back up fine and no errors were
detected any of the log files.  However, it is failing to recognize
basic key codes from the keyboard.  laft, right, up, down, F1...F12,
PgUp, PgDn, etc.  It will type letters fine, enter, and tab but that is
it.  This is on a KVM, I switched to other machines on this switch and
the keyboard dose fine.  I changed the keyboard out, but that didn't
correct it either.

I looking for a way to perhaps go into libs or setting somewhere and
reset or perhaps reload whatever takes care of the keyboard.  Any idea
were to start looking... Agin there is no cluse in the loggs files.

--
robert