configuring telnet service in RHEL 4

Allen, Jack Jack.Allen at McKesson.com
Fri Sep 8 17:23:51 UTC 2006

	Look in /etc/pam.d/remote and if it has the option multiple for
the session, remove the option. This was identified last year and was
suppose to be fixed, not to have the option. So if you just installed
RHEL 4 and did not run up2date you will have the problem. If you are not
going to run up2date, then you may want to grep for multiple in
/etc/pam.d to check all the file. I seem to remember there was another
one that contained multiple, but do not see it now.

Jack Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of kums kumaran
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 2:40 AM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: configuring telnet service in RHEL 4

Dear all,

I have enabled telnet service in my RHEL 4 machine
through the following steps

chkconfig telnet on
service  xinetd reload

then edited /etc/securetty by adding
pts/0 to pts/9 at its end

then when i tried to login in to my machne Via telnet as su(root user)
got
the following  message

login: root
Password:
Your default context is root:system_r:unconfined_t.

Do you want to choose a different one? [n]

i want to disable this message ,tried a lot but could not
so please help me

thanks and regards,
kums