GPFS (not GFS)

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Sep 12 15:40:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Brent Franks wrote:

> I am curious if anyone has been able to sucessfully evaluate and use
> IBM's GPFS under Redhat EL 4.0?
>
> I have read a large amount of their extensive documentation, but have
> yet to find a sales channel for this software that has a Trial license
> arrangement.  We would like to implement GPFS on our test
> infrastrucutre, and if the trial (30 day or 60 day eval) goes
> sucessfully push it out to our production boxes.
>
> 1.) Has anyone used GPFS on RedHat before?

Yes.

> 2.) Do you have a sales contact that you can connect us with that can
> get us a trial?

I think you can download the relevant packages online and use it for trial
purposes without needing a sales contact. At least that was possible for a
while (not sure if they changed their policy again), I haven't looked at
it since I switched positions.

Did you look at their download site ?

Kind regards,