log behavior

Burke, Thomas G. tg.burke at ngc.com
Fri Sep 1 11:26:05 UTC 2006

Logrotate is the script that does this

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of
cleger at scs.carleton.ca
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:50 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: log behavior

Hello list,

I was wondering about how to do the following, if someone knows right
off the top of their head, or off the top of their head know where I
will find the answer to this specific question:

I wish to prevent certain logs (specifically, for now,
/var/log/cups/page_log) from being moved or deleted. This is so that,
whenever I feel like it, I can have a look at printing activity that has
taken place, without having to anticipate a daemon's removal of the
logs. I want to be able to just look at the logs when I wish, and to
remove the logs manually if the need arises. What should I do?

Thank you very much,

Christian Leger