Redhat Linux AS3 - System troubleshooting

Sam Folk-Williams sam.folkwilliams at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 01:17:49 UTC 2006

Karim,

Is the /var filesystem more than 80% full? This could be a case of the
audit process locking out new logins if /var is too full. For more
info on that problem, see here:
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_79_6169.shtm

Otherwise, we'll need to see some sysrq info to understand what's
causing the hang.

Sam

On 9/4/06, Karim Jindani <karim.jindani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need help on a situation. We have an application installed on Itanium 64
> bit processor machine running Linux AS3 (Update 2). Recently there have been
> instances whereby machine hangs abruptly.
>
> By hang I mean no deamons (telnet, xinetd etc seem to run). Machine does not
> allow to log on from console also and when the machine is restarted, the
> system log files in /var are freezed after a point.
>
> How to track what is the reason behind this - Any ideas????
>
> --
> Karim Jindani
> Product Consultant,
> TPS Pakistan Pvt. Ltd.