For what it's worth

darrel barton darrel at lantera.com
Wed Sep 6 15:39:54 UTC 2006

A note to all computer professionals.   We have just completed a seven
month study and find that, on average, the best thing to do when you are
introduced in a social situation and asked you occupation -- is to state
that you are a PLUMBER.    This is because slightly less than one in sixty
people will respond with

"Oh? Really?  Would you mind taking a look at my toilet? I think I have a
leaky pipe ......."