How to delete the following file

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Sep 12 11:47:32 UTC 2006

On 12Sep2006 07:40, Calvin Webster <cwebster at ec.rr.com> wrote:
| No confusion here unless you don't understand that the back-slash is an
| "escape" character, not part of the file name. The problem was that the
| hyphen was misinterpreted by the shell as an option. Enclosing the
| entire name in single-quotes, then escaping the offending character (the
| hyphen), solves the problem. The hyphen is no longer misinterpreted by
| the shell.

No. Inside single quotes the backslash is not an escape.

Go do your "touch" command again. Then examine the output of "ls"
carefully, eg by piping it through "od -c". You'll get a surprise.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

!Peeve: I can instruct my child to shriek loud warlike cries of prayer to
Cthulhu each morning during "Prayer break".
Ia!  Ia!  Cthulhu ftagen        - Rick Kleffel <rickk at emu.com>