Ssh with public key authentication

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Wed Sep 13 14:47:05 UTC 2006

El Miércoles, 13 de Septiembre de 2006 16:12, Sweetman, David E RDECOM CIO
escribió:
> I am trying to set up ssh public key authentication between several RHEL
> machines.  I can successfully connect from machine1 (AS4) to other machines
> (WS4,  release 9) using public key ( no password entered).  But I have not
> been able to  connect to machine1 using public key.     I have gone thru
> the steps several times with no success.  Any suggestions on what to do or
> how to get better information than from the -v option ( -vvv is the best
> I've gotten so far) ?
>
> Thanks
> Dave Sweetman

Could be a great idea to use ssh with -v -v -v and see what's really
happening.
By the way, in majority of cases is permissions issue, have you checked out
your .ssh/ permission and the file key too?

Hope -v -v -v will give us more information about where the connection fail.

Cheers.
--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.