disk quota

Muhammad Rizwan rizwan at advcomm.net
Fri Sep 15 14:25:49 UTC 2006

Hello All:

I am hanging with disk quota issue and unable to solve it out,,,
I am setting disk quota on '/' directory for each newly created group.
now /etc/fstab file has this entry:
LABEL=/                /                      ext2 defaults,grpquota 1 2

then i am running this:
mount -o remount /
and its giving me this error, quotacheck: Can't find filesystem to check
or filesystem not mounted with quota option.

and if i run this:
quotacheck -avum /

its giving me error like this:
Bad number of arguments.
Utility for checking and repairing quota files.
quotacheck [-gucfinvdmMR] [-F <quota-format>] filesystem|-a

and obviously quotaon -a is also not working for me,

Can you pleae give me the steps how i can set quota for groups on /
directory

Thanks