Failover support for QLogic HBAs in RHEL 4?

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar+redhat at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 21 17:56:30 UTC 2006

I have several Sun X4100 systems (X86_64) running RHEL 4 update 4,
with kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp.  These systems each have two QLogic
QLA200-E Fibre Channel HBAs installed.  I am using the driver kernel
module that comes with the kernel RPM.

 From everything that I've been able to read, the default behavior of
the the driver is to have "failover" enabled.  Further, I should be
able to force this behavior by setting the option "pts=1
ql2xfailover=1".

Unfortunately, this isn't working.  modinfo on the qla2xxx driver
does not show the ql2xfailover as an available parameter.

This is the version of the module I have:

filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.9-42.0.2.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/scsi/
qla2xxx/qla2xxx.ko
version:        8.01.04-d7 1036BB22AA28C8D7180B7E1

Am I doing something wrong, or has failover support been disabled in
this module for some reason?

Thanks,
-- Sandy